Here's some food math for you: a balsamic reduction + strawberries + goat cheese = yum. It's really that simple. I cheated by using a frozen pizza crust instead of making my own (yes, that means I poisoned myself with wheat--I'm still alive), and then just halved the recipe, more or less.
I could have cut the lettuce up a bit smaller and crumbled the cheese a bit finer, but I wasn't worried about presentation. I was more concerned about getting it into my mouth as fast as possible.
Mini Strawberry & Goat Cheese Pizza
1 7-inch frozen pizza crust
1-2 ounces goat cheese
3/4 cup of sliced strawberries
1/2 cup of greens of your choice, chopped
2 ounces balsamic vinegar, reduced to half
1. Bake the crust (approximately 10 minutes at 350 degrees, depending on your brand).
2. On warm crust smear a thin coating of goat cheese – about an ounce.
3. Toss strawberries in balsamic reduction and spread on top of cheese.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and top with the rest of the goat cheese.
6. Add greens (I used red leaf lettuce).
7. Drizzle entire pizza with remaining reduction.
Yields 1 serving.
I didn't even realize there were two reduction recipes on the page, I was in such a hurry to eat. I wonder what the white reduction would taste like. I love balsamic vinegar, so I was happy with what I made, but your mileage may vary.