It's like a mini version of food nirvana for me.
Since I was only cooking for two, I used half a pound of ground turkey meat. And about two ounces of soft herbed chèvre. If I hadn't put it in the meat, I would've spread it all over crackers. This is an arguably healthier option.
This is just about when I discovered lemon pepper, too. I've had it for a while, but have been hesitant to use it. This time I threw caution to the wind. Somehow the lemon pepper, turmeric, coriander, and paprika were perfect together. Quite deliciously perfect.
I also made a very quick cilantro yogurt sauce for them (chop cilantro and add to Greek yogurt with ground ginger, ground coriander and garlic powder). It was a damn good combination overall.
And disappeared far too quickly. Next time, I'll go for the full pound of meat.
Easy Bake Turkey Goat Cheese Meatballs
A simple baked meatball recipe, stuffed with creamy goat cheese goodness.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 ounces soft herbed goat cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.2. Combine all the ingredients until well mixed. Make sure cheese is evenly spread throughout.3. Roll the mixture into golf ball-size balls. Space evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Cheese might ooze out.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 9 meatballs