Thursday, February 23, 2012
Girl+Fire Turns 2 with the Annual Top 5
At some point, while I was in a sleepy haze, Girl+Fire turned two. My little blog here has been around for 2 orange-tinged years! I'm about 12 days late on the celebration, but that's how long I was stuck in bed, so it evens out.
It's math. You can't argue.
And so to continue the tradition we began with last year's celebration, here are the top 5 memorable moments of the year:
5. Discovering the ripe freshness of extra virgin olive oil. Unfortunately CalTech wasn't able to hold their harvest this year due to lack of olives, so once I used up the contents of this very pretty bottle, there was no more to be had. Hopefully we'll procure more later this year!
4. Food Swaps and the introduction to the delicious Surly Temple. There's nothing like revisiting a childhood favorite with a dash of alcohol.
3. Turning a food fail into an exquisite spicy sweet sauce.
2. And then putting it on pizza. (How does pizza end up on the list every year?)
1. But the best possible experience from this past year was visiting Costa Rica and eating with the Murillo family. Nothing can even compare. ¡Pura vida!
So what will year 3 bring? Who knows! Thank you all for reading along. I might be getting a hang of this cooking thing.
And now that I'm back up and out of bed, I can thankfully start cooking again. Yay!